check out lula in londons blog and enter your childs measurements

Thursday, March 4, 2010

told you that frame would come in handy

So I sold my tree painting rather than re paint it. Too blue and I can't believe I said that because all I want is blue right now. Husband said he looked around the house and his bathroom is blue, the ceiling is blue, the front door is blue and now the front room is blue...sorry bud.

So I still have issues with trees but I didn't want to paint one so I quilted one. My kind of quilting and if your grandma sees this she will definaltely say this ain't no quilting. So I cut a tree out of fine wrapping paper and then my fabric. The only one thing I was sure of

Then I layed it on several strips of fabric until I was happy and sewed the strips to a decorator weight fabric. I then zigzagged around my tree and leaves. My tension got all messed up at the end so a few of the leaves may fall off later. I may need to take a break from sewing just to avoid the frustration of fixing my machine.

Then I used my crappy staple gun to staple the entire thing to a frame I got at a yard sale several years ago. Told you husband I would use it some day!






Here it is in my blue front room. I still need to hang it, but I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous! You always have such inspiring ideas...and I miss your shop!

    ReplyDelete